WHERE YOU COULD FOLLOW THE RUNNERS
To follow the Mont-Blanc 90km runners
After the start at 04:00 am in Chamonix, you could take the train to le Buet for the second refreshment where you could stay some minutes (in waiting to the SNCF timing). Go back to Chamonix, stop to Montroc. From here a bus take you to the Tour. you could choose between two possibilities.
- Stay at the Tour to watch the runners on the down valley refreshments
- Take the Charamillon cabins and the Autannes chair lift to watch the runners in altitude,(a little walk up are going to be necessary to join the Col des Posettes or Tete de Balme)
- hiking will be necessary to lead to ”Col des Posettes” and ”Tête de Balme”).
Back in Chamonix (bus line 1 or 12), take the special train to the ”Montenvers” to access a last time in high altitude to support runners with a beautiful landscape: the ”Mer de glace” and ”Les drus” in background. You can enjoy it few minutes before going down and look at the arrival place of ”Triangle de l’Amitié”.
After Le Buet feeding zone, you have the possibility to join the Emosson one by the Mont-Blanc Express train towards Finhaut (SUI). Then, take the bus to the dam. Here, the landscape will be spectacular. The crossing of the dam will be a highlight of the 80km.
On returning to Chamonix, instead of using the Montenvers train, take the Aiguille du Midi cable car to access to ”Le plan de l’Aiguille” to see the runners before the last downhill. But you will have to do it fast if you wish to see the finish. The best runners will join the center of Chamonix in less than one hour.
To follow the Mont Blanc 42km runners
Do not miss the start! Meeting at 07:00 a.m at the “triangle de l’amitié” place up with the sunrise on the Mont-Blanc.
And then set in train, steering refueling Vallorcine 18th km race around 1:30, good humor guaranteed.
While coming back from Vallorcine to Chamonix, stop at the Montroc station to go to the Tré le Champ refreshment point, in a beautiful and flowery place.
At that time, you will have two choices :
- Get down to les Praz to take the cable car to la Flégère refreshment post. Then you can follow the “Grand Balcon Sud’ path to reach the finish line (6km).
- Go to Chamonix and then take the Planpraz gondola that takes you to the finish line of the race.
Decide by yourself… but whatever your decision, no need to worry, you will not be disappointed, because in all cases, the panorama and atmosphere are waiting for you.
To follow the Mont-Blanc 23km runners
Meeting at the paragliding area for the race start, then take the train to go to Tré le Champ refreshment point (stop at the Montroc station) These supplies can only be accessed by public transport.
After that, two choices are possible for you (as for the Marathon):
- For sportmen : get down to les Praz to take the cable car to la Flégère refreshment post. Then you can follow the “Grand Balcon Sud’ path to reach the finish line (6km).
- For spectators : go to Chamonix and then take the Planpraz gondola that takes you to the finish line of the race.
Decide by yourself …
More info on the transport flyer
DINING WITH THE TRAILERS
- Saturday and Sunday lunch buffet held at the sports center.
Tickets (14€ for adults, 8€ for children from 4 to 12 years old) are sold on site.
With the objective to decrease the car traffic in Chamonix Valley, and the environnemental impact during the manifestations we create a shuffle systems with our partner ATMB specially for the supporters.
Systems who give you the possibilites to follow your runners on differents points of course without using your cars.
The commun transport are free from Servoz to Vallorcine with your Host card which are give to you by your host, just ask.