A treasure in a setting, this is a beautiful description of the Chamonix Valley, a unique environmental heritage that sometimes makes you forget the cultural richness that the valley offers. Based on this observation, the community of commune of Chamonix Valley and the Sports Club have worked with cultural providers in the area to offer an innovative cultural offer : the Heritage Marathon.
From June 29th to July 6th, heritage tours will be offered at attractive prices on the routes of the Mont-Blanc Marathon races, the objective being to open up the perspective and give a different view on the villages and places that runners cross.
On the program, guided tours in Chamonix or in the hamlets, walks for all ages in the valley or even hikes, available on 14 different themes :
- The hidden face of Les Houches
- The charms of Lavancher Chamonix and its architecture
- The secrets of Vallorcine
- From Le Tour to Le Buet
- Chamonix and its history
- Guides stories
- Granite, a precious stone
- The life of a mountain hamlet told through plants
- Life in the pastures
- From Tines to the sources of Arveyron
- The summits and their stories
- Water, a great energy Where have our glaciers gone?
- 8 € for adults
- Free for children under 14
Registration and information : Chamonix Tourist Office 04 50 53 00 24
PROMOTIONAL OFFER RUNNERS & ACCOMPANYING PERSONS
For all Mont-Blanc Marathon runners and their accompanying persons, preferential prices * for the Chamonix Valley museums are in place :
- 4 € 70 Alpine Museum
- 3 € Mountain Museum
- 3 € House of Memory and Heritage
* On presentation of the bib.